Re: Modeling a Well Used Gon

John Boren <mccjbcmd@...>

The March 2004 issue of Model RailroadING has an article on exactly this
topic. The author, Jeff Eggert, uses .001 inch shim brass sheets which he
hammers in a jig to protect the edges so they will be flat to attach to the
ribs. He's basically scratchbuilding the sides of the gon.

His model captures the look of a gon with bulging side panels very well, and
the inside of the sides looks as good as the outside. This is the most
effective modeling of a well-used gon I have seen. I don't usually buy this
magazine, but got this issue specifically for this article.

Jack Boren