Arrival dates of C&IM Mather box cars

Rob Adams

I'm looking at adding one or more Mather box cars to my 1934-36 freight car roster and would like to determine when the C&IM Mather cars joined the road. I have the RMC issue from the late 80's early 90's and it includes the photo of a C&IM car in the yellow/orange paint reported to be taken in 1938 or 39 . Can anyone shed more light on the details of the C&IM's Mather cars early history and would they be reasonably close matches for the Proto 2000 model's dimensions and lettering? (I am aware that some detail changes like brakes and end sills would be warranted.) Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Rob Adams