Re: PRR X-29 boxcar repair patches

Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>

On Apr 24, 2004, at 2:08 PM, Stanley Agar wrote:

Morning all,

I've just started to build a Red Caboose X-29 boxcar for my early
1950's L&N layout. Any idea about how common were these cars with the
repair patches along the lower sides by this period ? Was it most of
them or just a few, because to quote Neil Young,  rust  never sleeps.
Stan:

By this point, most had patch panels and before Ben Hom blows a gasket,
Pennsy did not use hyphens in class designations contrary to what
editors of model magazines and other self-proclaimed, 'non-Pennsy,'
Pennsy experts may believe. Repeat after me: "X29, X29, X29,..."

Regards,
Ted Culotta