Loads: Color of steel beams (was: Weight...)

Scott Pitzer

Okay, then it'll be two stacks of two, which leaves 18 inches open space across the width of my car, which means I should put a bit of blocking along the sides and perhaps some steel bands around the beams (although this is the borderline situation as far as whether this restraint would be REQUIRED, according to this early 50's AAR diagram.)
Would the color likely be dark oily gray, or a lighter gray with a bit of rust, or...? I see the NYC car in Richard's RMJ article has much smaller beams, lighter gray with a bit of rust.
Scott Pitzer