Re: ITC history requested

Ed Hawkins

On Wednesday, May 19, 2004, at 08:53 PM, lamontc@... wrote:

Series is 400-499, not listed in the 10/63 ORER, 100
cars listed in the 7/64 issue. They're noted as 40'6"
cars, 10'6" IH, with 8' doors. There are no exact
matches listed under the Reading numbers at that time,
but there are a number of similar cars from about
104000 and up (I have no info as to when any of these
cars were built).
Bob and Ian,
Reading 104000-104699 was built by Reading in 1946, so I believe there is a good chance the ITC car came from this group. When built this series came with 4/4 Improved Dreadnaught Ends, 7-panel Superior doors, Ajax hand brakes, Apex running boards and Duryea underframes, so these items could be checked for a match with the ITC photo. A photo of RDG 104295 appears on page 69 of the Reading Color Guide to Freight and Passenger Equipment, albeit a late photo for this group. Perhaps this question is technically outside the bounds for discussion of this group even though it pertains to a car built 1946. Presumably Mike will comment if it is.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins