Re: U.S. - Canada interchange in the mid '20s

Ian Cranstone

Further to this discussion:

Although I wasn't taking notes of this information, back in the early 1920s there was a monthly report in Canadian Railway & Marine World about the number of cars moved on Canadian lines, broken down by home road and foreign road. As I recall, the foreign road cars were a significant percentage, and many must have been from U.S. roads.

That being said, they would probably have been more commonly seen in large numbers in areas that had substantial U.S. interchange (such as Southern Ontario), and probably weren't as common in east-west service within Canada.

Ian & Katherina Cranstone
Osgoode, Ontario, Canada
lamontc@...