Re: Stock car decks

Ian Cranstone

On 7-Jun-04, at 3:41 PM, Andy Miller wrote:

The K7a's have an AAR classification of "SC". I think this means
"Stock car
- Convertible", but I need to get home and look that up. I can not
find the
AAR codes anywhere on the Web.
Andy, try:

http://www.nakina.net/aartype.html

These lists aren't complete, but include most codes including the
following definitions for SC:

"SC" -- Stock Car. This car is for the transportation of stock on the
hoof, and is equipped with roof, slatted sides and side doors, and
convertible single or double deck. With or without feed and water
troughs (4/24-1/68).

"SC" -- Car for transportation of livestock equipped with roof,
slatted sides and side doors and double deck. With or without feed and
water troughs (1/73-7/84).

Ian & Katherina Cranstone
Osgoode, Ontario, Canada
lamontc@...