Re: Broadway Limited PRR K7A stock car

Ted Schnepf <railsunl@...>

Hi,

When I was growing up on the farm calves were typically 300 to 400 pound
range. Feeder cattle would typically start at 500 pounds and would go up
. I probably should have said feeder cattle under 600 pounds.

My father use to have small feeder cattle come to the farm on straight
double deck stock trucks from the Dakota's. The deck height on the old
straight trucks was about the same as on stock cars.

Ted

At 10:32 PM 6/7/2004, you wrote:
Quoting Ted Schnepf <railsunl@...>:

Hi Larry and list,

Calves and smaller feeder cattle can be loaded in normal double deck
cars.

Calves, yes, but feeder cattle???? I've never seen any that small.

Don Valentine
Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
railsunl@...
847-697-5353 or 5366
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Ill. 60120
http://users.foxvalley.net/~railsunl/

Model Railroad Sales and Service with
a personal touch.
Books new and used. HO and O scales.
DCC supplies. O scale urethane cars.
Photos and darkroom services.
Checks, cash (0%) or credit (secure server at web site 3% added).