Re: PRR F22/F23 was Useful MDC Cars

prr6380

I have seen a PRR drawing showing the blocking to ship a 16" gun
barrel on a pair of these cars.

Walt Stafa

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Smith <smithbf@m...> wrote:
Dean Payne wrote:
"Anyway, there is a photo in the 1919 Cyc. of a Pennsy F23 flat
built
2-13 that appears to be the prototype for the MDC 30' flat."
Ben Hom replied:
As I posted earlier, the sides of the kit need modyfying to match
the
prototype:
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/480-1453
http://prr.railfan.net/freight/freightphotos.html?
photo=PRR_434445_F23.jpg&fr=
Perhaps good news will be coming in this department. I know of at
least one resin caster with an "interest" in this car.

Producing a combination kit for both the F22 and F23 makes sense,
since
they only differed in their decks (wood and steel respectively).
In
addition, a two-pack with a 16" gun barrel would be a cool kit!

BTW, does anyone have a photograph of these cars with a gun load
that
they would be willing to share (or point me to a vender)? I have
seen
at least one, but cannot find it on-line, leading me to believe
that it
was in one of your clinics at some point.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith V.M.D., Ph.D.
Scott-Ritchey Research Center
334-844-5587, 334-844-5850 (fax)
http://www.vetmed.auburn.edu/~smithbf/

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -
Benjamin
Franklin
__
/ &#92;