Re: Branchline reefer sides, was Timonium report

Ed Hawkins

On Monday, June 21, 2004, at 07:46 AM, Rob Adams wrote:

I've found this re-work produces excellent fitting sides. In my
opinion, the Branchline reefer is fun to assemble and produces a
gorgeous model (especially when augmented with some easy upgrades like
wire grabs, cut levers, retainer, etc.). It is unfortunate that the
problem of the side fit has not been addressed, as it probably puts off
some of our less determined colleagues.
Rob,
Actually, BT did address the fit problem with the sides. They made some modifications to the tooling setup such that the side inserts fit into the depressions of the car body much better than before. The problem never was with the side inserts, but rather the angle of the facing surface on the car body. This surface wasn't quite plumb, causing the right edges of the sides to have a gap at the corners. I have received some "reruns" of URTX cars that have a proper fit. I can only presume that these new WRX cars (GB&W) will be the same. Perhaps Bill Schneider can comment on this, except that he's likely chin-deep in Pullman car models at the moment.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins