Sunshine boxcar kit, was Re: Was this a wooden boxcar?

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Mark Heiden asked:
Do you know what this kit is like (one piece body, flat cast, etc) and
where I could get one? I can't find Sunshine in the Walthers site.

It's a flat kit. As I posted earlier this week, you're wasting your
time if you go to Walthers for resin kits - deal directly with the
manufacturer. The kits are:

39.8 MP 40' Howe Truss rebuild "Eagles" Murphy ends
39.9 MP 40' Howe Truss rebuild "Merchandise" Murphy ends
39.10 MP 40' Howe Truss rebuild "Eagles" Dreadnaught ends
39.11 MP 40' Howe Truss rebuild "Merchandise" Dreadnaught ends

Kits are still available and are $30 each. Add $4 shipping per five
kits (US). Sunshine has NO e-mail or website; their mailing address
is:

Sunshine Models
Box 4997
Springfield MO 65808-4997

Be prepared to wait at least 12-16 weeks for delivery. At this
moment, Sunshine is severely backlogged with orders. (Besides,
you've probably got other kits in the closet to build.)

Ben Hom