Re: broken plastic parts (was charter revision)

Brian J Carlson <brian@...>

I've begun replacing all my Branchline roofwalks with Kadee, Plano or DA parts.

The see-through effect is much better.  Based on the thickness of the Branchline roofwalks

I do not believe Branchline intended for their roofwalks to be see-through.

When I have missing or broken Branckline parts the replacemnts were sent in a paddeed envelope.

Brian C

Cheektowaga NY

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 11:02:03 -0700, Tim O'Connor wrote
Manfred wrote

Last year I got my sample of the quality when I bought the NP
convention car. I had to dig through 5 boxes before I found one with
acceptable roofwalks whose grids were not partly filled and then I
later discovered that I only exchanged that for broken, bent and
short-shot ladders and brake lines and a not too good a decal
(printing) job.
Although I have never had any paint or printing problems with
Branchline cars, I guess I have low expectations when it comes
to plastic detail parts -- I am never surprised to find broken
ladders, flash-filled running boards, etc. But it doesn't bother
me because for years I replaced so much stuff that I have a good
supply of spare parts -- in most cases, better than what comes
in the kits. And since I always use etched parts to represent
metal running boards, I have a huge supply of plastic boards. I
am surprised they shipped replacement parts in a soft envelope.
Sounds like somebody screwed up.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor