Re: Need help identifying boxcar

Mark Heiden

Hi Don,

Do you mean the 4500? Those ends are the problem (I think it's Murphy
on the Accurail). I'd want to take a closer look at it but it might
do as a "three-footer".

Mark Heiden

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, newrail@s... wrote:
Did the MoPac use Z bars or hat section framing? For a quick
version one
can rework an Accurail car and come reasonably close to this WAG car.

Don Valentine

Quoting Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@c...>:

Sure looks like another Missouri Pacific car to me. I
think this is one of the cars available from Westerfield.

Hello everyone,

There is a Wellsville, Addison & Galeton boxcar I need help to
identify. It's a single sheathed wooden boxcar, WAG series 7000-7020
(or higher). There is a photo of 7019 at:

http://www.s363.com/images/wag/wagobbox.jpg

This series likely arrived in 1958, but possibly as early as
1956. Any
modeling suggestions would be welcome. Also, if anyone wants to take
a stab at that gondola behind it, I'm all ears!

Any help is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark Heiden

Yahoo! Groups Links