Re: B&O S1 and S2 stock/sheep cars????

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Ben Hom said:
Not on the Class S-1 and S-2 stock cars ("stretch" M-26
conversions). The scheme that Tim describes was applies on a group
of leased 50 ft stockcars converted from rebuilt Santa Fe double-
sheathed auto boxcars. I don't have much more detail on these cars
save a nice color photo of NISX 4026 from Bob's Photos, which shows
this car after its lease on the B&O expired, still in the aluminum
and blue scheme, but with the B&O lettering painted out.
Immediately after the B&O lease ended, the cars were leased to SP for at least two years, but I don't know when that lease ended.

Publishers of books on railroad history