Re: Walthers 50-foot Express Reefer

Don Valentine

Quoting Don Strack <donstrack@...>:

Can anyone comment on the accuracy of the Walthers 50-foot express
reefer?
Which paint scheme is accurate for the as-built cars?

If anyone has one of these Walthers cars, could they measure the
wheelbase
on the trucks for me. I'm looking for a GSC express-type truck with a 5
feet
6 inches wheelbase for use on UP cabooses, with and without outside
swing
hangers.

Don Strack

Some of us have been aware of these cars for three to four months but
they will not be available for retail sale until very late fall acording to
the information received from Walthers this week. I expect, however, that
the truck wheelbadse will be longer than what you seek.

Don Valentine