Re: Hazardous Material Placards

Bruce Smith <smithbf@...>

On Jul 21, 2004, at 9:58 PM, Michael Watnoski wrote:

Shawn and Bruce,

Would something like the etched brass parts from the
Sunshine X-3 kits work? These were made to fold over the
decal. I made these parts for Sunshine and could make the
more generic style if anyone thought there may be a market.
Michael,

I think that there is definitely a market for "standard" tank car placards, as well as the UTLX style...

However, the decal set we are talking about goes way beyond that to many different placards that would have been tacked to the tack boards of cars... and I'm trying to figure out how to make these look like cardboard, not decals. My latest attempt will be to decal very thin sheet stock.

Happy Rails
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith V.M.D., Ph.D.
Scott-Ritchey Research Center