Re: Hazardous Material Placards

Michael Watnoski

Hi Bruce,

How about just cutting the placard out of the decal sheet
and applying it to the tackboard? Most decal papers are
quite thin and stiff and would seem to resemble scale
cardboard.

Michael

Bruce Smith wrote:

On Jul 21, 2004, at 9:58 PM, Michael Watnoski wrote:

Shawn and Bruce,

Would something like the etched brass parts from the
Sunshine X-3 kits work? These were made to fold over the
decal. I made these parts for Sunshine and could make the
more generic style if anyone thought there may be a market.
Michael,

I think that there is definitely a market for "standard" tank car
placards, as well as the UTLX style...

However, the decal set we are talking about goes way beyond that to
many different placards that would have been tacked to the tack boards
of cars... and I'm trying to figure out how to make these look like
cardboard, not decals. My latest attempt will be to decal very thin
sheet stock.

Happy Rails
Bruce