Steve Deliberet

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

I received the following message from Brian Carlson tonight regarding Steve
Delibert. Many of you may have known him personally. Having lost several
friends in the community of railroading myself this year, I can understand
and sympathize with the loss.

"Mike, I got this off the NYC list. I know Steve was a member of the STMFC
list also."

Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

I'm so sad to tell you that our good dear friend and President of the
Ulster & Delaware RR Historical Society, Steve Delibert, died today
at 6:30 AM. Steve had been diagnosed with lung cancer around the time
of the Society's Andes Trip in April and had fought to conquer the
disease.His sterling performance on our July 10 trip is what Steve
was all about. It's only hours later and I miss him so much.

I knew Steve since we were both young railroaders at the LIRR in 1967
and I loved and respected him. I will so terribly miss him. We wrote
each other emails almost every night for the last six years and I so
enjoyed his friendship, wit and intelligence. He so loved the
railroads of the Catskills and the Mountains themselves. We and the
Mountains have lost a true friend.

Steve wanted to be buried in his beloved Catkills. Join us in
Margarettville (the virtual center of Steve's Delaware County world
and the center of the railroads we all loved) on Saturday, July 31 at
1 PM at Hynes Funeral Home, 48 Walnut Street, Margaretville. (a brief
ceremony will take place at that time; you may pay respects as early
as 10 AM). Steve's final resting place will be at the Bedell Cemetery
in Fleiischmanns on Little Red Kill Road immediately following the
funeral ceremony. Should you have any questions, call me (201) 493-
0230 or Tom Hynes, the funeral director, at (845)586-3475.

If you can't make it, say a prayer for a wonderful guy.

Dick Makse