Re: Rotting Steam Era cars

buchwaldfam <buchwaldfam@...>

Darn, just a little too new for my modelling period. I figured
that they were built a little later because the side posts closest to
the end are open C channels on the earlier cars. Would have been a
good way to use up some of those Con Cor (AHM) covered hoppers in the
basement!

Does anyone know when the Soo Line bought similar cars?

Thanks again!

Phil Buchwald

--- In STMFC@..., "Chris Atkins" <chris.atkins@d...>
wrote:
Hi Phil,

These cars are real gems. Unfortunately, it had been painted over.
85156 was 8-58 85138 was 7-58. I also have a photo of CSP 85127 in
paint that I took in 2002. It also seems to be painted over. I
added
a couple photos from 2002 to the Webshots page.

Take care,

Chris Atkins
www.camasprairierails.com

--- In STMFC@..., "buchwaldfam" <buchwaldfam@g...>
wrote:
Chris,

The CB&Q LO, numbered "CSP 85180": do you know the build date
of
this car? I've got some photos of this style of car built for
AT&SF
and for Wabash in 1954, but can't read the build date on the
photo
of
the Burlington car. Would be nice to have one or two of these if
the
date is right.

Thanks!

Phil Buchwald