Re: Barber trucks

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Clark Propst wrote:
I'm aware of the trucks you mentioned. I have to have a lot of them to put
under my M&StL cars.
The S2-A-O or 0 are 70 ton roller bearing trucks. My friend is modeling a
CGW Airslide hopper number 14.
Clark, the tonnage capacity and roller bearings have nothing to do with the S2-A-0 (yes, that's a zero) designation. There were also 50-ton plain-bearing Barber S2-A-0 trucks.
I don't disagree with the need for the 70-ton RB trucks, only commenting that S2-A-0 is not a sufficient description to get what you want.

Publishers of books on railroad history