Re: Weights of gons, and car condition

Brian Everett

Eldon,

Someone once showed me a photo of either a C&O or N&W hopper car that
had ripped holes in the side, stuffed with hay to keep the coal from
falling out.

Regards,
Brian Everett

--- In STMFC@..., "Gatwood, Elden -- Tt, Inc."
<elden.gatwood@t...> wrote:
All;
Oh, and another thing. I had several people reply to me that my
split-sided
G25 gon (in TKM) needed a bad order sign on it. Granted. But, when
I was
growing up, you wouldn't have BELIEVED the kind of cars that they had
running around that hadn't been taking off-line. Split sides,
knocked out
ends, huge rips at the floor level in gons, rust holes, holes in wooden
sides, missing flooring, and the ubiquitous holes in hopper sides
stuffed
with rags. No, this wasn't just PC, or even that late. Has anybody
modeled
any of these features? Were they found in other areas?

Elden Gatwood