stripping Scalecoat

Bill Lane <billlane@...>

Hi All,

I have been using Scalecoat exclusively for the car color since I started
painting. I have not had any trouble stripping it once I discovered using
auto lacquer thinner. I did have a very difficult time stripping some
factory painted models. I used a Tal Strip spray gel 3 times to almost get
it clean. It was very nasty stuff. Of course all of this is old news since I
got my blast booth. It is a complete and nondiscriminatory abuser. ALL paint
and clear coats immediately surrenders to the blast booth without a chance
of remaining. Note - all of this would probably be very bad to plastic
models. I can't remember the last time I painted a plastic model.

Thank You,
Bill Lane

Custom Brass Painting
http://www.lanestrains.com <http://www.lanestrains.com/>

Importing a Brass S Scale PRR X29
http://www.pennsysmodels.com <http://www.pennsysmodels.com/>
Production models of the REA Version have arrived

Modeling the Mighty Pennsy in S Scale in 1957