From: Denny Anspach
[mailto:danspach@...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 11:07 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re:Working on the ends

Thank you all for the plethora of good ideas and
workarounds
on this common problem. Although I am vowing to
actually make
a clamp much as Jon Miller describes, the china
mug idea is
so dirt simple obvious that I have already put
it to work!

Marty McG's inverted cone is intriguing.

That I should watch my words and syntax when
Tony Thompson
is reading is a lesson that I relearn too often.
Can I
indeed crawl and type on the internet at the
same time? No,
but I can alternate (;-).

Good tweezers: a hot topic. The errant retainer
valve was
the direct result of being held in inadequate
tweezers in one
hand, while holding the car in the second, and
simultaneous
applying ACC with the third.

Jack Burgess's Swiss-made Vigor tweezers are
among the best.
DuMont is the another good name.

My best tweezers were acquired when I was a
young medical
intern some 40 years ago. A bad habit common to
high strung
surgeons of the day was to take out operative
frustrations on
the nearest object not the patient- the
instruments at hand.
More instruments would go flying across the room
accompanied
by imprecations and "bad language", always with
a comment
that whatever was not going right was the fault
of "that
lousy scalpel. clamp, tweezers, etc. (fill in
the blanks)".
Well, these instruments, once thrown, could
never be used
again, and,,,,, there was almost ever nothing
wrong with
them! Well, yours truly, impecunious , promptly
swept these
tools up at the end of the surgery into my
modeling toolbox;
and yet today, although now a little worse for
wear, they
still form the center of my most reliable
modeling tools.

BTW, throwing operative instruments today would
result in a
suspension- as it should have years ago as well.

Denny

$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register
anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/9Mt
olB/TM