Seeking paint suggestions for boxcars

Mark Heiden

Hello everyone,

I'm about to start painting several boxcars, and I need some advice
regarding what paint colors to use. I've included links to photos,
but all are black and white. My era is 1947, if that is any help.

1) Rock Island USRA double-sheathed boxcar. Paint scheme following
resheathing in 1930s. There is a prototype photo in the pay section
of the Rensselear website, and a Westerfield model photo at:
http://users.multipro.com/westerfield/

2) Great Northern USRA double-sheathed boxcar. Paint scheme with the
side-facing goat logo and black roof and ends. Prototype photo at:
http://www.steamfreightcars.com/gallery/boxauto/gn25096main.html

3) New Haven 1937 AAR boxcar. As built scheme with black door.
Prototype photo at:
http://www.steamfreightcars.com/gallery/boxauto/nh32077main.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,