From: Jeff Coleman <Bbear746@a...>
Sent: Sep 30, 2004 4:45 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Metal running boards on NYC

--- In STMFC@..., Scott Pitzer <scottp459@e...> wrote:
Would a 1954 NYC box car with black ends and roof (72000 series)
have an unpainted metal running board? If so, I suppose the
contrast
with the roof would become less noticeable as years passed...

Scott Pitzer
Scott, I would think if the running board was unpainted it was
galvanized. It would have darkened some over the years reducing
the
contrast a little.
Jeff Coleman

Yahoo! Groups Links