Re: Too rich for me

Tim O'Connor

I just saw the notice for the new N&W boxcars ... too expensive
for me to even look at. At $45 for [a kit] the resin market gone
too far. This is $10 more then Westerfield and Sunshine.
As Tom Madden said, it depends on the production volume, and as Ted
implied, if etchings are included the value of the kit increases. The
resin market makes unique models available to us that we'd probably
never get from mass production. As far as I know Al Westerfield is
the only person who actually earns enough to live on! Martin has his
military retirement, and the smaller vendors all have other careers
and produce kits on the side. Ain't nobody getting rich from kits!
I will definitely get one of the N&W cars because they are distinctly
different looking than other freight cars. But then I put a high
value on variety.

Tim O'Connor
Sterling Massachusetts

P.S. Ok I'm calmer now... THE BAMBINO IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE SOX!