Re: [Re: MILW rib-side undebody equipment layout

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

That all of the underbody equipment is on one side has always intrigued me, if only because of some weight imbalance that should be occurring. However, if memory serves (and it most assuredly does not very well at times), these cars came with removable dividers or similar that were "stored under the car". It occurs to me that here may lie the reason for the asymmetry- i.e. providing unencumbered space below a door for the dividers, which would I believe also tend to balance out the weight.

I hope I have this straight.

Denny
--
Denny S. Anspach, MD