Re: Cal Scale (Bowser) AB brakes

Jeff Coleman

Finally the air tank casting in the Cal Scale/Bowser kit is a
lot
larger than the one from Tichy.Are they both accurate or is one
oversized or undersized?

Ed
I'm curious about this question myself. While we're at it, has
anyone
else noted a deterioration in the quality of the Tichy brake casting
set? I'm seeing alot more flash these days. At one time therre was
no
flash at all.
Pierre Oliver

I measured a prototype reservoir this morning at work. It is 411/2"
long (includes the lugs) and 19" across at the seam. From what I see
the Cal-Sacle is a few inches short and an inch to wide. The Tichy is
a few inches long and maybe inch to narrow. Looks like both are
incorrect but only a little. I'll contenue to use both, whatever I
have on hand.
Jeff Coleman