Re: Intermountain George Railroad Single Sheathed

Tim O'Connor

I just saw the new Intermountain George Railroad Single Sheathed car.
Can anyone comment on its prototypical accuracy.
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/85-452602
Steve, they are not spot-on, but they're close.

The paint scheme is accurate for USRA single sheathed cars that were
rebuilt with steel sheathing as early as 1938, if not earlier. On the
prototype Georgia cars, the roof was a radial type -- appears to be a
Hutchins style from the side. (I've never seen a good overhead view of
one.) The aluminum & black paint scheme dates from the 1950's, I think.
They are Tichy kits by the way, assembled in China for Intermountain.

Tim O.