From: John Golden
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 9:07 PM
Subject: [STMFC] You Guys Got It Wrong

Brothers,

With two kids and work kicking my butt every day, I
have little time to do much other than lurk on the
list. But I must comment on the recent thread
concerning all the new resin cars.

Have many of you fogotten where we were 25 years ago?
What's the point of complaining about resin car
prices--heck, I thank the good Lord that they're out
there, and that I can afford a few. The new offerings
from F&C, the Ribside Cars, cabooses everywhere, the
terrific Kadee cars, continuous new offerings from
Sunshine and W'Field, and--dare I say--even some
pretty nice things coming out of Walthers. Man, this
is the life. Enjoy it.

In 1980 I was kit-smashing Athearn cars by the dozens.
Weren't you? Thanks goodness there are bold men making
us great models today.

Enough Venting,
John

John Golden