From: Darren Plants
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 7:47 PM
Subject: [STMFC] ATSF Sk-U

I just started my first resin stock car, a Sunshine ATSF Sk-U. After
spending the better part of my Saturday evening cleaning flash out of the
slats, I need somebody to remind that this hobby is fun....... I have a
couple of questions for the collective wisdom here. First, it appears the
Accurail "Bettendorf" truck would be correct for this car. Can anyone
confirm or correct this. Second is regarding the color of the roof. The PDS
with the kit says " a black (roof) color became predominate in the fifties.
It is not clear that the anti-skid surface was always applied" Richard
Hendrickson's article in RMJ states "this was not standard practice on stock
cars, most of which had mineral brown roofs." I can't seem to find a clear
shot of the roof from my era (1956). Can anyone provide some more specific
info. Thanks for the assistance.

Darren Plants

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor