Re: ATSF Sk-U

Darren Plants <dplants@...>

I had actually heard that from someone else as well. I tried it and got the
flash fairly thin, but being my first try I got a little nervous about going
too far and ruining the kit. Still I think it made the job easier. Maybe
next time I'll get a bit more daring. Thanks for the tip.

Darren Plants

Cleaning the slats out of the stock car sides IS a pain if you chose to do
each one-by-one, however, there's a much easier way to accomplish this
task!

Take a sheet of wet/dry sand paper (about 160 or 180 grit) lay it on a
good
flat surface. Place the back (inside) of the stock car side down on the
sand
paper and work it back and forth over the sand paper. Use light even
strokes,
vary the location of your finger tips around the sides as you sand the
sides.
After a short while, the remaining flash is so thin that you can literally
blow/brush it away, yet, the slats are still the proper thickness.
Instead of
the time it takes to clean each slat space individually, this method takes
around 15 to 20 minutes per side, and leaves a "crisper" looking result.

Tom Casey