Stock car models ATSF Sk-U

Bruce Smith <smithbf@...>

On Oct 24, 2004, at 11:53 PM, Tom Casey wrote:
Take a sheet of wet/dry sand paper (about 160 or 180 grit) lay it on
a good
flat surface.  Place the back (inside) of the stock car side down on
the sand
paper and work it back and forth over the sand paper.  Use light even
strokes,
vary the location of your finger tips around the sides as you sand
the sides.
After a short while, the remaining flash is so thin that you can
literally
blow/brush it away, yet, the slats are still the proper thickness.
Instead of
the time it takes to clean each slat space individually, this method
takes
around 15 to 20 minutes per side, and leaves a "crisper" looking
result.
This IS a great way to get the sides cleaned out, but one word of
caution... I was happily sanding away on one when I was momentarily
distracted by the six year old. Apparently, my sanding hand just kept
going, and when I looked back, I had sanded right through a couple of
boards. Of course, I think I will just make this into a car BADLY in
need of new boards, or I may just cut the board out completely. add a
new one, and make it look like an on-the-road repair <G>.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL
http://www.vetmed.auburn.edu/~smithbf/

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin
Franklin
__
/ &#92;