Re: Genesee Brewing Company Reefer

Brian Carlson

Wow, this generated more discussion than I expected. I happen to have
the Walthers car handy and it is a wood sided car (not that that
means it is correct) and the reporting marks are GBCX 107. Other data
includes
CAPY 7000 lbs
LD LMT 80500 lbs
WT 51500 E.R. 11-33
Rebuilt 8-33 (to the right of the above data)

It Sides are painted white, ends and roof brown, Lettering on the
sides is black with a red GENESEE and red cicle around a black circle
on the right side.

Maybe someone can find it in a 30's ORER.

The 1960 and later Genesee and Wyoming cars are from a totally
different railroad.

Keep in mind this is an earlier T-M car from and era when Walthers
didn't really care about protype correctness.

Brian carlson
Cheektowaga NY

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Roger Hinman <rhinman@r...> wrote:
MDT leased a small amount of wood cars to Genesee Brewing co in
1935-36
under the GBCX reporting marks

Roger H.
On Nov 6, 2004, at 4:34 PM, Tim Gilbert wrote:

John,