Re: New file uploaded to STMFC - Handbrake question

Brett Whelan

Tim and Ted,

You could be right the hand brake wheel in the photo
of the car has 5 spokes and a ring evenly spaced
between the rim of the wheel and the center of the
rim.

The members of the wheel are also fairly slender.

Were there any other wheels that looked like this?

At least at the end of all this we can update the file
on the STMFC website.

Brett in OZ.

--- Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Ummm, yeah, what Ted said. Ureco is what it looks
like...

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/229-6403

The above set is listed under "Ukeco" on the
Walthers web
site, in case anyone has tried looking for it.

Off the top of my head, I'd say Equipco.

>Description : What handbrake is this? IHB
10261 AAR '37 10 IH car
part of NYC Lot 729-B
>You can access this file at the URL:

It looks like either the more unusual of the two
Universal hand wheels
of the era (M2049) or a Ureco U-528 hand wheel.
Almost impossible to
discern these hand wheels from behind and even
harder without a clearer
photo.

Regards,
Ted Culotta