From: Justin Kahn [mailto:harumd@...]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 10:38 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Erie Highside Gondolas

I have one of the old RailCraft metal cars in O
scale
(probably older than I am, which is saying quite
a bit) that
I have been holding off finishing, as the model
has a solid
bottom, and my understanding from the TSE
reprints of the CBC
is that the prototype had drop bottom doors.
Are we talking
about the same prototype here?
Jace Kahn
Mostly Fairbanks/GTT

Another camera-shy car was the ERIE's high side
gons, AFTER
they were
converted to hoppers . . .

I know Chuck Yungkurth would like to see them,
too . . .

SGL

I have enough photos and data to draw up the
elevations and
ends of the
Erie gons that were converted to quad hoppers.

What I am still seeking is the underbody plus
brake
component locations
and rigging.

Chuck Yungkurth
Boulder CO
_______________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger!
Download today
- it's FREE!
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471a
ve/direct/01/