Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 03:55:14 -0500
From: "Thomas M. Olsen" <tmolsen@UDel.Edu>
Subject: Re: Re: Another tankcar question: Molasses Service

In the early 60's, Readers Digest printed an article regarding another
situation similar to this. In that article, the tank did not explode,
it collapsed allowing thousands of gallons of liquid molasses to
inundate the town that it occurred in. It was somewhere in New England,
but the name of the place escapes me at this point in time. Perhaps
someone on the list remembers reading about it.

Tom Olsen
Newark, Delaware

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
Get unlimited calls to