Re: Paint Brushes

Michael Aufderheide

Timothy,

Until a year ago I used brushes for everything,
including body paint. It is amazing how well a brush
painted model can look with the right paint and the
right brush. Ironically, the best results I ever had
were with the least expensive brushes. I used #4 and
#6 brushes which cost about $1.69 each! I don't have
the brand info here, (they have blue handles) but the
very soft, 3/8" long, synthetic brown bristles work
best. I tried several different more expensive
brushes and they either left brush strokes or did not
deliver the right amount of paint.

The only paint I ever got to work well was Polly Scale
acrylics. My few experiments with oil based paint
were a disaster, and sent me running for the mineral
spirits to erase my mistake.

Regards,

Mike Aufderheide
Chicago

--- kitemaug <richards-t@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Hello

I am starting to paint and assemble the New Illinois
Terminal Bay
Window Caboose from AMB. I have got to replace and
get new paint
brushes. I realized I am using brushes more and
more.

Could the group be kind enough to take the time to
recommend good
paint brushes and where to purchase them. Just like
all of the
group, I use oil and water base paints.

I am sure others in the group could use a few good
paint brushes.
Thanks for your help.

Timothy in Calif.

P.S. I posted this question to one other group
who build models
too.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail