Re: decaling Westerfield models

Richard Hendrickson

From Schuyler Larrabee:

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Hendrickson [mailto:rhendrickson@...]

I am about to start decaling my first Westerfield model . . . .

Brian carlson
Brian . . . . I usually use the Champ setting fluid mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with
water first,
I bet Richard left out the word "distilled," as in "distilled water" because
regular tap water has lots of salts and other crud in it which will show up on
your model as water spots. So, to a degree, will the glue on the decal, but
nowhere as much. Distilled water is available at the grocery store and at
stores like CVS. Cheap too.
Schuyler's point is well taken, though I don't personally bother with
distilled water. I use tap water with no problem because Ashland city
water is very good to start with and we have a whole-house filter that
removes what few impurities there might be in it. However, tap water in
many locations might cause problems and distilled water is, as Schuyler
says, inexpensive and readily available.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520