Trix/Marklin Chlorine tank cars

Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>

First, I have not yet checked the tank dimensions yet, so this is contingent upon those being workable. Second, for those of you who have seen "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" this all brings to mind the scene where Spiccoli (Sean Penn) totals Forrest Whittaker's car and says "My dad's a TV repair man. He has the ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." (the fact that Sean Penn and Forrest Whittaker were ever in something like this proves that everyone has to start somewhere, but that's a different topic.) Anyway, having completely stripped the car so that all of the parts are separated, I think "I can fix it". There are two main things to be done: file to inside of the ends of the tank to create a much finer flange and then build up the circumference of the tank ends to make up for this difference and to build an entirely new frame. The small task is then to add entirely new details such as brakes, hand holds, ladders, etc. However, I am up for the challenge!

Regards,
Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
100 14th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94402