Re: Erie "Fowler" box car lettering help

Richard Hendrickson

Dean Payne asked:
"Does anybody know the location symbol for Kent, Ohio? Or, lacking that,
any other Erie reweigh station symbols from the period (mid-late
30's) would do."
Ben Hom responded:

I don't have one for Kent OH, but here's what I do have:

BH = Binghamton NY
DO = Dunmore PA
PJ = Port Jervis NY
MDV = Meadville PA

Other documented reweigh symbols follow, though these need to be identified:

HE
CD
EB
KY
SO
CH
EE
Here's what I have for Erie reweight station symbols:

BH = Binghampton, NY CD = Cleveland CX = Croxton, NJ DO = Dunmore, PA
EB = East Buffalo HD = Hammond, IN HL = Hornell, NY MDV =
Meadville, PA PJ = Port Jervis, NY. I'd like to know what the other
symbols Ben cites represented.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520