From: benjaminfrank_hom [mailto:b.hom@...]
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 8:57 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Couplers and wheels (was: Top Ten)

Andy Miller wrote:
"I have found that the easiest solution to Kadees with low "gladhands" is to
bend the shank slightly up or down. Many people bend the gladhand itself
and Kadee even sells a tool for this, but I have found that if the gladhand
is low (or high) then the head probably is also; and bending the gladhand
will leave the head still in the wrong position."

Why not do the job right and correct the head height first, then adjust the
uncoupling pin as necessary? Bending the shank seems to invite more
problems.

Ben Hom

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/9MtolB/TM