Erie Lackawanna Car Department Station Symbols

Schuyler Larrabee

This list falls after the cutoff date for this list, but most, if not all, of
these locations were in use prior to 1960. And yes, Mr Hom, Binghamton is on
this list. But I've never seen a car with BN marks on it, and I doubt all these
appeared on freight cars as reweigh symbols. For example, Falconer and
Jamestown are approximately 5-7 miles apart. It's hard for me to believe that
there would have been that much fine grain information about where reweighs
would have been done.

SGL

Compiled by Larry A DeYoung.

EL Car Department Station Symbols March 1, 1975:

Akron: AK
Binghamton: BN
Bison Yard: BI
Brockway: BY