Finger Lakes

Phil Clark

Hello, I need your advice, I am drawn into an unravelling what resources are accessible from UK. My NMRA BR colleague is planning a club layout based on the Finger Lakes region of NY in the 1950s. He has a Westerfield CD of 1955. Around Geneva Seneca area. Using PRR, LV and NYC.
I googled on 'geneva ny', but there must be a better way:
http://www.genevahistoricalsociety.com/ - has 1000s of members and an email.
http://www.zapix.com/lord-of-ridley/genevaviews/textlist.htm - has numerous scenes.
http://www.zapix.com/lord-of-ridley/genevaviews/index2.html - postcard scenes.
http://www.zapix.com/lord-of-ridley/genevaviews/pc21.htm - LV RR Station Geneva, NY c.1920.
http://www.zapix.com/lord-of-ridley/genevaviews/pc45.htm - NYC station, c 1910.
http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=728 - numerous links

Would industries serviced, say, by the NYC be found in an employee timnetble? - or is there a better place to look?
Is there an online archive of something like yellow pages? I couldn't see a photo archive at Hobart University.
Is there a certain industry of that area that is typical? I keep thinking there might be a typical chemical car used at International Paper? Like the woodracks in the southeast.

Phil Clark, ALTON GU34 2RS, UK
cell: +44(0)-7792-744-327
ACL & SAL HS since 1998
NMRA #55716 BR#10/119