IM M&StL box cars

Clark Propst <cepropst@...>

My wife has had me locked in the basement working on my layout. Honest engine, I'm not kidding. Anyway, I missed the M&StL thread.
Here's what I know about the new Intermountain M&StL box car kits. Marty at IM my not totally agree, but this is my story and I'm sticking to it.
Marty asked me for numbers for the upcoming models. I suggested the 54000 series (w/Superior doors) for the bcr model. The 53000 series cars in bcr had been done by RC a few years ago. I gave him a group of numbers from the Landmesser list, from which he picked two.
I didn't want anything to do with the green cars because the CNWHS had just done a fine model thanks to Gene Green. Marty said the ends and roof were already painted black. Because he mistakenly thought his model was the same as the 4000 series box cars. I finally gave him number 53402 because I have a poor quality image of that car. The car ends are definitely black, I can't tell if the roof is or not. 53070 is a number of a car Gene once told me he had a color slide of. I have no idea if there's any black on that car or not. I do have a slide of a 1000 series aluminum car repainted green after wreck repairs. That car does have black ends and roof.
Hope this helps,
Clark Propst