Re: BUILDING CRAFTSMAN KITS

Tim O'Connor

I have a one-piece G22 with a warped body (longitudinal twist - about
3/16" end to end). I know how to straighten flat parts; how does one
straighten bodies without flattening them?
Doug Brown
I straightened out an F&C gondola body by placing it on a flat piece
of glass with heavy weights on top and heating it to 150 degrees in
the oven and then letting it cool slowly. I was told you can heat the
bodies in water and get good results but I've never tried it. The F&C
castings were thick and I don't know if this will work with thinner,
closer to scale gondola bodies.

Tim O.