Re: F&C Pennsy GR gon sits too low? Or couplers?

Brian Carlson

Dean, you may want to Check the PRRTHS TKM #4, 11-03 where Elden Gatwood covered modeling these cars in resin, while I couldn't really tell if he shimed his cars (At least one was the Sunshine model though) you make be able to with your car in hand.

Brian J carlson

Dean Payne <deanpayne@att.net> wrote:

I just finished my F&C GR gon, and the couplers sit lowest I have
ever seen. I used archbars to represent my early time period (pre-
WWII), and Walthers archbars at that. The couplers are McHenry
scale couplers in Kadee boxes (I had a few left over...) Is this a
matter of shimming the bolsters, or using different (offset head)
couplers? I might do both... unless you think those trucks sit
especially low... I don't want the car too sit too high above the
wheels, unless that's the way it should be.
This was a poor choice for a first resin kit, I have finished a few
other resin kits since then, including F&C! Their instructions have
improved since this kit, to be fair.
Dean Payne