Photos picked up today

Bob Webber <rswebber@...>

Since I couldn't make it to CB, I made it to the local train show and picked up some photos taken in 1959. What is amazing is that there was someone who was taking photos of freight equipment in West Oakland in 1959 - beyond the unusual (or at least, beyond the diesels, steam, Key system, passenger stuff, etc. etc.). So I picked up some 70 photos of freight cars (and other things) all dating to 1959 most taken in West Oakland in 1959. They all aren't great photos, but the subjects make up for it.

I posted two today, the New Haven and the Southern cars. In addition, there are cars from the Ann Arbor,SP, TNO, SP, WP, Milw (Rib side),N&W, SP&S, Swift, MobilGas, A&EC,S&A, ATSF,BCK,CNW,CofG,Erie, Wilson, D&H,GN,D&M, B&LE, D&SL, DT&I , M&W, L&N - a nice variety. I'll be posting more if there is interest as I get time to scan them. Most are boxes, some reefers, a couple tanks.

The guy had a light leak in the shutter, but most of the photos still turned out ok. The other photos (not of freight cars) were of WP diesels, WP MOW, SP cabooses, SP MOW and the like. Tony, if you're interested in the caboose photos, let me know off list, and I'll send scans to you.