Re: IM M&StL box cars

Bill Darnaby

Thanks for the input. You're correct...heavy weathering is an option.

Bill Darnaby

I picked up two 54s at the local shop, I also visited the shop in Cedar Falls IA this weekend. I would say most opinions are the same as yours..."What's up with the color?" Maybe the IM people found a long lost paint chip? I will be over spraying mine with a bcr color as part of weathering.
When I was emailing Intermountain Marty he kept referring to the cars as red, not bcr as I was referring to them. The local shop guy even referred to them as red. This gets real confusing considering the cars were painted red after 56!
The lettering also looks too large. I will have to get out a stencil drawing and check it out. I do remember that the words in 'The Peoria Gateway' slogan were all different size letters.
Thanks to everyone for patronizing the M&StL.
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa