Re: AA Weight Station Symbols

Rob Adams

Tim;

The appearance of those would have been way after 1960, and to my knowledge, none of those represent locations on the 292 mile Ann Arbor RR. Perhaps one of you DT&I guys will recognize them, for control of the AA passed to the DT&I in 1963/64. I have seen "OW" used for Owosso in later years, maybe late 70's early 80's during operation by the Michigan Interstate.

Kind regards, Rob Adams

Tim O'Connor wrote:

Other post-steam-era symbols on AA box cars: BS SF? CW JK?

Frank,

From the list that I am working on to be posted to the STMFC files
and Ted
Culotta's web site, DI is the symbol for Owosso, WI used before
1960. This
is based on extensive information supplied by Richard Hendrickson.
It is
the only Ann Arbor symbol that I know about.

There are still a few gaps in this list; however, it is about as
complete as
we are going to get for now. I plan to upload the file after
speaking with
Mike Brock.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD